Sunday, August 2, 2009

Let's eat already....

My parents were kind enough to watch the girlies while Tim and I went on a much needed date!

Funny story, (well, it was funny afterwards)we drove up to go eat at Old Spaghetti Factory and drove around trying to find it. We even had a gps and couldn't find it! Fine, Chuck-a-rama was our second choice, so we headed just down the street and realized that they had changed it to "Crazy Buffet"....ok, quite the name. Didn't sound very enticing (Neither does chuck-a-rama, but I already know the quality of the food is superb), but Tim went in and checked it out, which ended up being a ghetto lookin', seafood smellin' place. We can't ruin date night, so we went lookin elsewhere. We found House of Spices on google, which sounded great, I'm always in the mood for Indian food. We get there (in a very familiar parking lot we drove around not very long before) only to find it is actually a Indian grocery store! Arrrg. I was getting rather hungry and impatient. I didn't feel like trying to search for another restaurant to try, so we resorted back to the usual (but always the best) Olive Garden. I'm glad we ended up there. Tim called them before we got there just to make sure they didn't up and disappear also. 3 hours later we finally got to eat!! It was pretty funny in an annoying sorta way.

We went to Hollywood Connection after to go skating! It's been so long since I've been. We both got rollerblades. They are easier to use than skates....they would've been even easier if we got a decent pair. It brought back memories of when my friends and I hung out at good ol' Classic Skating back in the day. I always brought my own blades, so I was cruisin the floor.

Tim busted out his moves I didn't even know he could do....skating backwards, kneeling and all sorts of fancy pantsy moves. I suddenly felt like a lame skater. At least I had speed. oooooh yea!
I can skate on one foot...do I get a point on the coolness scale for that?! =)
Oh we had such a blast together that night! I am 100% persuaded that having regular date nights with eachother keeps the spark alive in the marriage. Not just any dates, but loosening up and feeling like kids again having fun!


Fast forward to next day. I really wanted to have a sno-cone. I looked up a recipe to make the syrup and found some at good ol' AllRecipes and decided to try it out. It was fast, fun, free and freezing! Here's the recipe I used.

Snow cone Syrup
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 (0.13 ounce) package unsweetened, fruit-flavored soft drink mix
In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and water. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in the drink mix. Allow to cool, and store in a container for pouring. Pour over shaved ice to flavor.

For the shaved ice, I didn't have a machine or a blender (nope, didn't get one for our wedding =) so I just used the trusty dusty Vita Mix, which worked out great!

0 comments from awesome people!: