Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Fall is definitely in the air! Seems like it just came over night on Sunday....woke up freezing my tail off. I'm very excited for this time of year...if only winter didn't have to follow it, it would be perfect....that I'm not looking forward to.
Fall and pumpkin go hand in hand, so here's a yum-a-licious recipe that I found on Picky Palate. I wanted to make these in a BAD way last year but couldn't find the
pumpkin spice hershey kisses
for the life of me! No one knew what I was talking about; I started to wonder if they even existed. Yesterday I decided to give Target a call to see and when they said they do, I ran right over in fear of them going out of stock again. hah If you wait a couple more weeks....good luck finding them. They're a hot item, which I can understand cuz they're SO scrumptious!!


Pumpkin Spice Cookies


1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

14 oz can Libby’s Pumpkin

1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

½ Cup sanding sugar (I don't know what this is, the closest thing I could find are these white sprinkles at Michael's which work great!)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!

About 36 cookies



You've gotta try these cookies, they are pretty much one of THEE best things I've tasted! mmmmm I think I'm in pumpkin heaven!

7 comments from awesome people!:

The Jessee Journal said...

I have never even heard of those kisses before! They sound interesting ... I think I'm going to have to try them.

the harpers said...

Oh Laura! Heaven! I love pumpkin/fall/spice stuff and I would love to make these. (And they are so pretty!). So I have a favor to ask...would you mind grabbing me a couple of bags of these next time you run to Target? We don't have them here :( When I see you in a couple of weeks I can get them from you! I can send you $$ this week or pay you when I see you. Let me know! Thanks for sharing :) BTW...I love your blog and check it often!

Michelle Nielson said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they look so good! Im sure i will LOVE them! I love the regular pumpkin chocolate chip cookies so im sure these will be amazing to!!!! :) Thanks Lar!!

The Sutton's said...

These looks soooo good!! I will have to give them a try for sure!!

Unknown said...

can't wait to try them. Thanks. Andi @ ldscreativitycorner.

Jenny said...

NUM! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to run to Target and get those kisses....I LUB KISSES!

Anonymous said...

OMG, thank you for reposting this. I found the recipe last year too and wanted to make them but couldn't find the pumpkin spice kisses. So I threw the recipe away. :-( Yesterday I was so excited when I found the kisses at Target, I had to search for the recipe again. Can't wait to try them.