Friday, November 6, 2009

Emmet's & Ethel's


My mom and I just tried this place out today for the first time. It sound like a gram & gramps place to go (reminds me of Earl & Pearl from the "Pickles" comic- and they're older...just sayin'). It was higher quality than Wendy's and DEF. McDonald's. Emmet's was the burger n' fries joint, and Ethel's was the ice cream part of the store. I got a Bacon Ranch Chicken burger. I'm a sucker for all 3 of those....especially the chikin(yes, I realize it's supposed to be spelled chicken)...hence my blog name.. hehe ;) I tried a frozen mug of their "special" rootbeer... was good, but I've tasted many great homemade rootbeers. My mom got their turkey burger....which ya gotta admit, that's not usually an option at most places.....and a raspberry lemonade. We could taste the raspberry, but where did the lemonade go?? It was more like raspberry water. You know who had thee BEST raspberry lemonade? Pioneer Pies. Too bad they closed down long ago. Although I do have a pretty awesome recipe I found that I'll have to post on here soon!

Off the lemonade wagon now. All in all, it was a good place, I wouldn't mind going there again, but I wouldn't go out of my way just to go there.

3 comments from awesome people!:

Tina said...

where was this at? sounds yummy!

dcprattfamily said...

Pioneer Pies... do you mean Frontier pies? That was so my favorite place... Cornbread, and Navajo Tacos...SO yummy!

lAuRa said...

OH, YES!! Frontier Pies, man, thanks!! i couldnt remember it for the life of me...I'll have to tell my mom her guess was wrong too..hah