Monday, January 17, 2011

Mini wreath stand

I've seen a bunch of tutorials for those cute wreath stands and as I was looking at my candle rings, I thought it would be fun to hang those up.
I wanted to come up with a different style of stand. Here's what I used:

1 wooden heart plaque
15 wooden wheels
1 wooden ball
1 metal hook

I got all these from Hobby Lobby. I used wood glue to glue all wheels on top of each other (it's better to glue a few together at a time, wait til dry, then glue a few more on, etc..or it will slide and become crooked). Once all dry, glue them in center of heart plaque and glue ball on top. Let dry completely. Screw in hook. Spray paint. I spray painted it candy pink first, let it dry, then heirloom white. I sanded it on various places and it brought out the pink underneath.

Hang your candle ring or any other small decor and enjoy your cute Valentines wreath stand! Things are so much cuter when they're mini, no?

1 comments from awesome people!:

The Loops said...

I love these topiaries. I think I am going to try a heart shaped one using felt this weekend. I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow back!

http:theloops13.blogspot.com