Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day!

Happy Independence day to you!

Like Christmas, it's easy to get wrapped up in all the fun things to do and eat and forget the true meaning of the holiday. Tim brought a movie home on Thursday called "John Adams", a life story about one of our founding fathers and second president of the USA. Watching it has helped us get into the right spirit for the holiday. It made me realize how much they went through to make our country independent and free. The price that was paid was more than any money could buy.
It was neat to see the personality of the founding fathers. Mainly Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and my favorite George Washington. I didn't realize what a sincere, humble man he was.

We had a jam-packed day. Baptism, family bbq and then celebrated the night with our good friends. I'm so glad the weather was nice, it was gorgeous!
Faith & Shay in swim diapers...they're such good buddies.
I had to post the pic of Tru, my nephew, riding Hogan...so cute!



Faith had a great time playing with Jaron,her future hubby...yup, Nanci and I arranged their marriage. Also her baby boy, Rylan with Mikkie. =) It's fun that our kids are the same age!


My mom made my girlies some patriotic skirts to be festive in, and boy did they look CUTE!

This was the first year that Faith actually appreciated the fireworks, she loved them. It was "WOW" while pointing the whole time! =) We had an abundance of sparklers and snap-its for the kids....ok, the adults did them too. It was so hard not to stomp on those snap-its.

After much yumminess and funness, we headed closer to the park to watch the big-o fireworks. Faith once again, just loved them.
Randall and Tim are high school buddies and have been friends for about 12 years now and has an awesome wife, whom I got to know in Sandy when we lived there (for a whole whoppin' 3 months) and become better friends with.
Thanks for having us over, we had a blast with you, as always! =)

P.S. All the scrappin' paper and embellishments are made by MUA. =) More info to come about that on another post.

2 comments from awesome people!:

The Jessee Journal said...

Laura, way to go on the great light for your pictures of the girls in their cute outfits! I also love your scrappin stuff -- especially the flag with the lacy stripes :)

Katie Webb said...

You all look so patriotic and cute! The 4th is my favorite holiday! I love your scrap book pages too. They look great. I wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff.