Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lime Tortilla Chicken

This is one of my new favorite recipes. I am a huge fan of lime! It screeeeeams with flava! Every time I make it for people when they are over, it seems to be a winner. It's from this cookbook:
Which I love, lots of great recipes.

1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
2 T. vegetable oil
2 T lime juice
1 t honey
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (14.5 oz) mexican stewed tomatoes
1 t dried cilantro (or 2 T fresh)
1/4 t chili powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1 cup grated jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place finely crushed tortilla chips on plate. Combine oil, lime juice and honey in shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts in oil mixture, then press in chips. Place in a greased jelly roll pan with sides. Bake for 25 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

While chicken bakes, puree tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder and garlic powder together in food processor or blender to make sauce.

Remove chicken from oven and spread evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking until cheese melts, about 5-8 minutes. Serves 6.


mmmm, this is making me hungry. I think I know what we're having for dinner (again) tonight!

0 comments from awesome people!: