Sunday, March 14, 2010

Faith's Party: Decorations

I can't tell ya how much fun I had making decorations for this party! I got so caught up in that I didn't really make time for Easter stuff. Easter.... *sigh* I'm a little too pooped to think about that right now.


There were a TON of decorations and I'm going to include links to where I was inspired and for the tutorials if any of you would like to ever use these ideas. All I can say is Google is my bestest friend, how else would I come up with these ideas?! ;) My main source of inspiration came from Here, Here, Here, and Here.

Faith's sign we put up outside. The letters I printed in color using THIS font and then cut them out and glued onto poster paper. You can get a huge roll of this at Walmart for $7! For the peppermints, I cut them out with my Cricut machine and taped lollipop/sucker sticks with them. The "poles" are empty wrapping paper tubes wrapped with colored cellophane. The tops of them, which you can't really see, are glass candle holders filled with gumballs, wrapped in opalescent cellophane. I got the idea myself when I looked at the candyland game and saw the King had a gumball staff.
For the gumdrops, I cut from cardboard, spray painted them and while still wet, sprinkled white sugar over them to give them a realistic gumdrop look!
For the lollipops: some I used styrofoam circles, but those got pricey after getting a few, so my mom came up with the brilliant idea to staple two paper/styrofoam plates together and then wrap in cellophane. Brilliant I tell you! Shove some dowels in there for sticks and there ya go.
Paper plate birthday sign. Paper pinwheels lined along the bottom of the wall.
My favorite part, Balloon arch! Don't be intimated by making these, because they are actually super simple. My dad let me borrow his air compressor to fill up balloons (or else I'd be dead from lack of oxygen), twisted balloons around some thin, flexible pvc pipe (found at Home Depot) and it was a cinch. The tricky part was getting it to stay up. I got some stakes that fit right into the pipes and tied the top of arch with string to my rain gutter. I really loved making this, I can't wait to have reason to make another one!
This is my pathetic attempt at a sucker topiary. I didn't have enough dum dums to close up all the spaces, so I had to make do with what I had. I was disappointed to find out that all those suckers make the styrofoam balls heavy....making it not able to stay standing. arg.

3 comments from awesome people!:

Cindy said...

Her birthday party looked like it was so much fun! Wow! You outdid yourself again. What a great idea! Total sugar high. I'm sure they all went home and crashed! ha ha! Fun ideas, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I hope you handed out toothbrushes and toothpaste as part of the favors! ;)

The Sutton's said...

that is was the best Birthday party ever!! Jaron is still asking if they can go back to Faith's party!!