Friday, May 28, 2010

Monthly Goal Review for May

I just barely posted the review for last month....craziness!!

Goal for May: Learn to crochet (hey, that rhymes :)

Rating: ★ 5 stars

I'm SO glad I finally took the time to learn to crochet. I actually learned a while ago, back in the day, but obviously didn't pay close attention. It's one of my new favorite hobbies!

I started learning how to make flowers first cuz A) it's simple enough and B) I wanted to make some little hair clippies for the girls. It took a few attempts before I got it down, even then it took about a week before I actually could say it looked good.

I googled how to crochet and found THIS cool site that gives a video tute on how to do almost every type of stitch. If you understand how to do the stitches, it's pretty easy to make stuff! If I can do it, anyone can do it. :)

Here's what I came up with:

These are how I started out.. take a look at that first red one....what was going on with that petal?? most of them have funky mess ups, but hey I learned by all that trial and error. :)
More flower clippies plus some from ribbon I got.
Baby hats and two adult ones. I like the purple one!
The tutes I used for the flowers are here and here and here.
Tute for pink hat I found here.
The rest I bought the patterns on etsy. There's some CUTE stuff out there!
Then these are my favorite- little fairy tale finger puppets! Aren't they just too cute?! Ya got a Knight in crocheted armor, his noble steed, dragon and damsel. Found the free tute over here. They're very easy and now the girls can have fun playing with them (maybe me too ;)
If anyone else knows of some fun crocheting projects out there, lemme know!

2 comments from awesome people!:

The Jessee Journal said...

GREAT work Laura! You really went to town with the crocheting :) I love the white scallop edge beanie and the purple one the best -- you look cute in it :) Are you gearing up for your etsy shop or are your girls just going to be super assesorized? :D (however you spell that)

Lisa R.D. said...

These are amazing! I am always impressed with people who can crochet and knit because I have never been able to master it (admittedly I haven't put too much effort into it, but still!).