Monday, June 28, 2010

"Lettuce" update....

on our garden!!

We were able to harvest our lettuce for the first time yesterday!! It's so exciting! It's just so amazing to me that a tiny seed can turn into delicious produce! We used some of our home grown lettuce for a taco salad dinner and it was grrrreat.
We're getting super excited to harvest the rest of the veggies soon! Sadly some veggies we planted did not make it (including the Basil) because of the stupid cats digging in it. oh well, we'll just plant some more and have our BB guns ready......better yet, maybe we'll get a dog! :)

P.S. Sad story..... Faith thought she'd be helpful and clean my camera by throwing it in the pool. It's broken. :( So, my pix will be coming from my camera from now on until I get another camera in the next century. *sigh*

2 comments from awesome people!:

Jessica said...

I wish I had a garden. Your lettuce looks good!Sorry about your camera that totally bites! I decided what I want for my blog background. The stuff you have on your name of your blog the bright pink swirly stuff is super cute. I want mine in the same color as my pink hibiscus ones I have currently. Do you think you could do that down the sides (elongated with some little clumps-not really the right word---but I don't know how else to say it)of my blog where the hibiscus are now. Then have the background be kind-of a complimentary pattern in browns I think. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you can do that for me. Take your time, I have no rush--so just when you have some spare time.

Thanks lafa! Love ya Jess :D

Lisa R.D. said...

I'm so impressed! Our lettuce isn't anywhere near ready yet...