Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Halloween advent calendar

My sister and I were browsing around Gardner's village one day and saw a cute advent calendar and thought it would make a fun project! Cute, yes. Fun....eh, maybe if I had a pattern of what to do. I had to figure out on my own how to do everything, making it look not so professional, but hey I tried my best, if I made another one, which I won't, it would def. look better than this one. But for wingin' it, I'd say it's not too shabby....just don't look too closely. :)
I wouldn't expect anyone but me to notice that this skeleton is MINE! :) Remember my skully I made for last year's Halloween digi kit? Yup, that's him! I've got to do a post alone on how to cut out fabric with your cricut! It's so much fun! Or maybe everyone already knows how to do it and I'm comin on board late.
So, because I was trying to figure out what I was doing as I went along, I did not take any pictures or write down how to do it, but if anyone is just itchin to make one, I can help my sister finish hers and use hers as the tutorial, now that I sorta know more what I'm doing. :)

Can't wait to fill these pockets up with yummy treats.....and just hope Faith doesn't find them and eat them all in one day! :)

6 comments from awesome people!:

James and Crystal said...

I would love you to do a post on how to cut fabric with the cricut I didn't even you could. I would love to learn!

The Jessee Journal said...

for the record, I think it looks totally professional :)

Jen and Dale said...

I love it!!! I need your help to finish mine :) And I LOVE your skeleton! SO CUTE!!!

Lisa R.D. said...

So cute! I'd love to hear about cutting fabric with a Cricut too :).

Summer said...

Would love a tutorial on it. I am sure I could probably just wing it but if you have already done that and know that tricks your input would be awesome. I LOVE your blog!!!

Janet said...

definitely need a tutorial for how to make this and one for how to cut fabric with your cricut =)