Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tomato, Tomahto

When we left for vacation our garden was growing, but pretty small and we were expecting it all to just die while we were gone.......the very opposite happened. Our tomato plants completely overtook our whole garden, housing some big, massive spiders. The good thing is that there are a lot of green tomatoes, but it's killing everything in it's path...like a tomato volcano here.
Whoever said you can't kill a zucchini plant, lied. We planted two only to find them dry up and blow away basically. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Zilch. Our yellow squash on the other hand....... we thought that had died too cuz we got back and saw not a thing other than the massive tomato plants. Then our neighbor came over and said, I noticed you had squash growing so I kept them at my house for you; then gave me a bag of 6 massive (yes, that's my favorite word today :) ) squash. It's not like you can bake bread like with zucchinis. Wow, those things breed like rabbits! ;)
Yea...we're a little late for this trellis thing, but it's worth a shot. Now we're just waiting for all the tomahto's to turn red! mmmmmm

2 comments from awesome people!:

The Sutton's said...

I can't wait for our tomatoes to turn red either. If you want to can together when they do turn red, that would be lots of fun!!!

Stephanie said...

oh my heck that is awesome! I have never heard of a zucchini plant dieing either lol!