Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peach Pumpkin Soup

You think it sounds weird? So did I, but don't knock it til you try it! It quickly became on my top 5 soups list. ;)
When we were in CT, Tim's parents took us to a nice lil restaurant and Terri told me I just had to try the peach pumpkin soup. I did and looooved it...if I haven't made that clear by now. :) She was telling me that people had bugged and asked the restaurant for that recipe so finally one year they gave it out. I now have that recipe!


PEACH-PUMPKIN SOUP

- 30-ounce can sliced peaches in syrup (try blending them a little before adding to break them up easier-make sure to leave little chunks though...gotta have the chunks. :) )

- 30-ounce can solid-packed pumpkin, not pie filling

- 1 quart heavy cream

- 1 quart apple juice

- 1 ounce pumpkin pie spice

- 2 teaspoons cinnamon

- 4 cups brown sugar

Mix and simmer all ingredients for about an hour. Whisk often to break up peaches.

Serve into bowls and top with whip cream! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Makes 12-16 servings (makes a good amount. I doubled it and got a HUGE pot-full)


Go ahead and try it and let me know if you become a fan too! :)

5 comments from awesome people!:

Jenny said...

Oh my HECK! Is this for real?! NUM! I can't wait to try it!

goodies said...

I second how scrumptious this soup is! loved it :)

Lisa R.D. said...

Can't wait to try this!

Lisa said...

I made this last night for friends and family. Let me say it is delicious!!! Thanks for posting the recipe:)

lAuRa said...

Lisa, so awesome that it turned out for you!! Thank you so much for letting me know, I'm glad you liked it as much as I do! :)