Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Glitter Toes

Back in September when I was 7 1/2 months prego and couldn't reach my toes, I wanted to go beautify my toes and do the glitter toes for the first time. I loved them, they lasted forever.....and ever.....and EVER! I couldn't get those blasted things off! I'm still filing them off. I guess I could've paid to get them removed.

Anywayz, point is I've been searching for some ways to do it myself and found a really great way with NO acrylic!

Here's the How To:

1. Paint one coat of a coordinating color to the glitter you choose.
2. While paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter all over each toe to cover well. Make sure to do it over a piece of paper so that the excess glitter can be saved and reused. Also a small craft paint brush is helpful to brush away any excess.
3. Paint a clear top coat over the glitter to help keep it contained and add a shine to the sparkle.

Here's what I used:
I got the Glitter from Sally's (one of my fav. stores) and they have about 6 fun different colors!
I was excited to try it and asked Faith if she wanted hers painted also and she got so excited! It's so fun having girls! Yay for Pink and glitter!

She has such cute lil piggy toes!

They turned out great, just as sparkly as the acrylic ones except SO MUCH EASIER to get off!!
Even my hubby is happy....cuz it means less spending! ;)

5 comments from awesome people!:

Lisa R.D. said...

So cute! Thanks for the pointers... I keep feeling tempted to get glitter toes, but I think I'll go with your method instead... I love that red color!

Jessica said...

Hey LAFA! How's it going?! Just so you know the broadway show "WICKED" is awesome. I haven't ever read the book, but if it is anything like the show I would enjoy it. Just thought you should know! :D I read Katie's blog and your comment on it. Jess :D

Katie Webb said...

SO CUTE! I love it! I always have Morgan's toes painted. What else do you do with a little girl on a rainy day ;) Lots of fun! But last time she tried to eat the polish off her toes LOL.

Anyway, the musical, Wicked, is actually based off the book from what I understand. However, I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the musical, so they must have left the "dirty" stuff out, seeing as it is irrelevent to the story. I know a lot of highschools do the musical. I'd love to see it some day.

lAuRa said...

No problem Lisa! My toes are actually pink, but they do look a little red in the pic. bummer. just so you don't get surprised when you put it on expecting it to be red. =)

Katie, that's SO funny she eats her polish! ha gotta love toddlers!

katie and jess- I guess I've got to see the musical, I'm glad they left out the 'dirty' stuff from the book. =)

The Jessee Journal said...

thanks for the heads up -- I want to try this :D Maybe just in time to have cute toes at the hospital :D