Sunday, September 5, 2010

Caramel popcorn

So, exciting news!!! I got a new camera!! I know, I can hear you all shouting for joy too :) Now maybe I can have non-lame pictures for you to look at, like the ones here! Tim wanted to make sure I give due credit to him for finding our sweet-awesome-gnarly of a camera. And there was much rejoicing. yay.
This camera is so awesome it deserves its own post.....later :)

I've made this (found here) two times already and I can tell you it's not going to be the last! It's. That. Good. I'm telling you so easy and scrumptious, you have to make it!
It makes a great little gift that you can wrap up all cute. I found these fun little popcorn containers at Target for $1.00 about a month ago. I'm hoping they have more, cuz I love putting the popcorn in them to give away.

** If your name is Bruce and you like one-step directions, just mix together all ingredients and start eating. :) **

For all others, here's the recipe :)

Sweet and Salty Butterscotch Candied Popcorn

-1 3.3oz bag Kettle Corn popcorn, popped and all un-popped kernels removed (Laura's note: I didn't have kettle corn, so I just used the lightly salted popcorn i already had-works great!) -1 Cup dry roasted peanuts -1 Cup butterscotch chips -6 Tablespoons butter -3/4 Cup packed brown sugar -1/3 Cup corn syrup -¼ teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popped popcorn and peanuts onto a large rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place butterscotch chips, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil.Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn and nuts. Gently stir to coat mixture over popcorn. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!

2 comments from awesome people!:

James and Crystal said...

you are always baking and cooking, I think I need some lessons!

The Sutton's said...

yeah for a new camera!!! This looks so yummy, I am going to have to try it!!!