Monday, November 22, 2010

Cranberry cake with warm vanilla butter sauce!

When I saw THIS yummy recipe, I started droolin' right then and there. :) My picture doesn't look as appetizing as hers, I was having a hard time getting in a good picture before slices started disappearing. ;) but it was still GOOD!! mmmmm I loved the tartness of the cranberries combined with the creamy sweetness of the warm sauce.
We had a family thing last night and I had to bring a dessert....perfect! It got all gobbled up, so I'm thinking it's a keeper. Do try it, you'll be glad you did! :)

Ingredients
Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh cranberries


Sauce:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup cream or half-and-half
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

CAKE:
Preheat your oven to 350.
Mix together all cake ingredients but the cranberries.
Start with the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients.
After your cake batter is combined (don't over mix) fold in your cranberries.

Divide into greased loaf pans.
You can use 1 large and two small or two large loaf pans or a large 9x13 glass pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
The smaller pans will bake faster.

After baking, let cool for 5 minuntes in the pan. Invert the cakes from the loaf pan onto a cooling rack.
If you used a 9x13, just let it cool in the pan.

This cake is served room temperature. The sauce will bring the warm element.

SAUCE:
Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium low and cook 10 minutes or until sugar is melted, stirring frequently.

After the sauce cools a bit, I put it in a squeeze bottle for drizzling.
Slice cake, drizzle with warm sauce and serve!


I think I'm ready to go make some more of this and eat it all by myself! hehe




1 comments from awesome people!:

Anonymous said...

That Looks yummy! Laura, How to you make such wonderful and yummy treats all the time but still stay skinny? Do you have a secret?
Love,
Jessica