Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snowman Topiary

I came up with this idea all on my own! I'm pretty happy about it :) It could use some more embellishing, but this is good for now! Besides being a bit time consuming, it's eeeeasy and fun! I wanna get a fun topiary pot to put it in and stuff with fake snow to set it in.
Here's how I did it:

1. Need- glue gun, pencil, squares of fabric and styrofoam ball
2. Poke pencil in middle of fabric square, dab hot glue on end
3. Stick it in styrofoam ball
4. Repeat all over ball until it's as full as you like it
5. Cut 2 small dowels for each layer and stack on top of each other
6. Embellish with button eyes (I tried to find some grey ones that look like coal), carrot nose (I carved a piece of wood to a cone shape and painted orange, stuck a nail in end and poked through styrofoam), and stick arms (remember all those fall branches I got? I got some perfect arms from them and spray painted them black).

That's it! what do you think?

6 comments from awesome people!:

Kari Sweeten said...

K, this is super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

I love it! Thank you!

Ashley and Brett said...

Laura, I think you are so talented!!! I so want to make this, I'm not crafty, maybe I will have to run down the street and take a peek at it. Its so cute!
And by the way, that was the cutest story of what TIm did for your Anniversary! love it!

It's the Pitts! said...

I can't wait to make this! What size balls did you use & how big were the fabric squares?

lAuRa said...

The ball sizes I used were 2 large for bottom and a smaller for the head, I’m actually not sure the exact size, sorry. The fabric squares were about 2x2.

lAuRa said...

The ball sizes I used were 2 large for bottom and a smaller for the head, I’m actually not sure the exact size, sorry. The fabric squares were about 2x2.