Thursday, April 28, 2011

29 years ago....

....A sweet, good lookin', intelligent, talented, generous guy was born and I was the lucky one to marry him.

My sweet hubby's birthday was yesterday! He's been sick with a nasty cough from bronchitis for almost a week, but luckily was better in time for his special day :)

In addition to some nerdy computer games (hehe) he wanted some Bucky Balls! Don't underestimate its fun-ness....tiny magnetic balls have never brought such amusement to us before.Just be careful to supervise kids! They are dangerous if swallowed. I told him I'd get them for him if he left them at work. Hopefully he's getting some work done. ;)
His request for his birthday dinner was Indian food. We love Indian food. Anyone been to the Bombay House? Yum. I have never tried cooking it before, but was determined to find a yummy recipe and try my hand at it. This recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan bread from Mel's Kitchen was absolutely phenomenal!
I bet to everyone that when my dad came back to eat it he would say "this just screams with flavor!" So when he got back and started eating, I asked him how the flavor tastes...he said it was good. hmmm... We sat there talking and when he was finished we hear, "wow, that just screamed with flavor!" hahaha We all just bust up laughing making him wonder what in the heck was wrong with us. It was too perfect. I guess you had to have been there, but trust me it was funny :)

Screams with flavor it certainly does. Sometimes the weirdest combinations make the best food. Don't knock it til' you try it! It might just become your new best food.

Don't even get me started on this yummy Mango sticky rice dessert...which my mom now calls "YuMango dessert" lol. She has all the fancy stuff to prepare the sticky rice and made this for Tim, he was very grateful and full of ooohs and aaahhs and yuuums while eating it. :)

It's safe to say Tim was very happy with his meal, it was fun to make it and even more fun to see how much he loved it! All that work was totally worth it.
I'm grateful to have him in my life! He is my knight in shining armor...he's a nerd but so am I, and we are two happy nerds in a pod. :)

0 comments from awesome people!: